Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Older doll heads


I think this was one of the first dolls I sculpted using glass eyes that I had flameworked. I didn't realize at the time that the clay had to be a certain minimum (and consistent) thickness to not crack. The chest cracked at the neck because the clay was too thin where the head pressed down into the torso.

I really like using fine wool for hair. I can't think of another material that has strands that are more accurately to scale.

There was a contest to make a music video for Bjork when Volta was released. I sculpted this Bjork head for a doll that I used in my entry. The video is below (December 16th's post,) or you can find it on my Youtube channel.


All of these heads have faces that are about one inch long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does your voice sound like?