Sunday, November 15, 2009

Torchwork


I think this is the biggest bead I've yet made. Though hollow inside, it's still pretty heavy. I made it, coreformed, on a Hothead torch a few years ago.

Colors in glass are determined by metals suspended within the glass. Gold pink is the most expensive soft glass color I can think of because there is real gold in the glass! It is one of my favorite glass colors, vibrant and lovely, though unpredictable because the dispersion of gold is often inconsistent throughout each glass rod.

I like eating sushi and I like making it in glass. I posted this earlier- - this sushi plate is less than one inch long.

My favorite sushi to make in glass is ikura (salmon roe) because the real stuff is inherently glassy. I'm building my stocks for holiday sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does your voice sound like?