Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Clouds and trees




I like flameworking these forms in glass. I call them "bubbleclouds."

This shape makes me think of hops and asparagus. Adding stamens or pistils will make lots of forms more elegant or interesting.

I flameworked this tree from broken beer bottles. The cord from which it is suspended is made from a plastic bag that I twined. The cord is only one millimeter in diameter!

Here's is another glass tree that I lampworked. It was definitely inspired by some childhood toys.

Here's a photo of some of my book/ zine shelves. I love how the spines are so many stripes of color.

3 comments:

  1. There was a lot of space on that green floor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that blue cloud figure! it looks like Bibendum!

    also, that floor could not have been that clean for more than ten minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that's his name!?(Interrobang)
    Bibendum!?
    Jake, take a picture of your room while it's new and then look at that photo in two years.

    ReplyDelete

What does your voice sound like?