Friday, October 16, 2009

Learning how to

I now understand how to use the lasercutter and the vinylcutter on my own. I made some stickers for friends and cut out some material experiments for a press-fit construction kit.
Last night I worked more on binding some new sketchbooks.

Here is an older sketchbook that I made and covered with fabric from an old obi.
I cut some new round pages and stitched the signatures together on a sewing machine. Before sewing, I folded the pages to determine where the seam should be.

I hand-stitched the signatures together along their spines, and then secured a strap to the spine. This will be covered with cardboard and allow the book strap to be worn over my shoulder like a "pocket book."

I still have to cover the outside boards and paste in the endpapers.

Tonight I enjoyed a special pleasure: accompanying my friend in her huge (new to her) diesel truck. This is the kind of truck that has tool boxes built above the wheels along the exterior sides of the truck bed. It is so wide, it nearly reaches the lane lines on either side of it. She purchased it even though she had never ever driven a car before tonight! She's been a biker (motorcycle as well as bicycle) for years. What an exciting first to share.

1 comment:

  1. HARDCORE FRIENDS ARE KEEPERS. GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO BE PRESENT ON THAT FABULOUS EVENING OF FIRSTS.

    ReplyDelete

What does your voice sound like?