Saturday, July 2, 2011

At Haystack

This is what I can see from where I am. I am on a tiny island called Sunshine in Deer Isle, Maine. Sherry Lassiter from MIT invited me to come to the new digital fabrication laboratory at the Haystack Mountain School of Crafts.
I get to stay in one of these cabins, designed by Edward Larabee Barnes. This year is Haystack's fiftieth at this location! The school was previously at Haystack Mountain in Montville, Maine. That site is now a campground called, "Cozy Pines."
It is such a special privilege to be here, surrounded by so many forms of wonderous life, (especially the people!)
This is the Fab Lab at Haystack! It's really strange to be in a Fab Lab without the internet. The only web access on campus is at the library.
Elliot Clapp and Anna Kaziunas-France in the beautiful new lab

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does your voice sound like?