Saturday, January 29, 2011

Uwajimaya

Uwajimaya is a huge Asian grocery store with a few locations around Seattle. When I say Asian, I mean Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, Filipino, Vietnamese, Indian, and more. I think it's the largest Asian grocery I have ever seen. Pictured above: fresh wasabi, ginseng, and horseradish!
Check out this variety of brassicas! Chinese broccoli, Chinese mustard, choy sum, bok choy, napa, collards, kale. . .
Many, many misos
This aisle is all noodles.
These are the biggest sea urchins I've ever seen in person. They seemed about six inches in diameter. I find echinoderms really exciting!
Eating raw salmon like a bear, if bears ate filets.
Thanks to Jason and Yasmeen for telling me about this place, and to Dan and Lola for taking me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does your voice sound like?