Friday, February 5, 2010

From the Fab Lab


I did some more work on my Persistence of Vision toy. I stuffed the board a little bit more.

I learned a lot today about computer programming languages, and I'll be employing this information in writing the code for this microcontroller.

I designed a boombox in Sketchup and I milled it out on the Modela in hard wax, using a 1/16" bit. I like how the tool path left a fine pattern on the surface. This model radio measures 3.5" across, and it began as a block recycled from scrap bits of wax, hence the air bubbles and the stray chunk of wood on the upper right edge.


My year project will be a diorama of a mechanical dance party on a base, and the ceiling above the dance floor will be a functioning record player. The moving figures and the record player will all work on the same motor. I'll be casting these boomboxes in different materials to position around the diorama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does your voice sound like?