Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Leafy layers


I made this leafy bag more than eight years ago, and I've been using and repairing it consistently since then. It has fabrics from all over! The child's kimono fabric and plastic buckles on the front came from Japan. The heavy nylon for the outer shell was bought on the sidewalk of Canal Street in NY. I hand- cut the leaves in felts from Rhode Island, California, New York, and Japan.

The bicycle print lining came from Maine, and the metallic fabric came from an apparel show at RISD.

My folks dislike how tattered it is; my mom especially wants me to make a new one. I'm working on it!

This is a matching cell phone cozy that I made, not so long ago. It's not as worn because I haven't used it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does your voice sound like?