Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Green plants in winter

I am accustomed to winter in New England-- cold and snowy. Sometimes we enjoy milder weather in the Northeast, but there are never plants outdoors like I celebrated in Houston.
I walked past this house everyday on my way to and from the Center.
It was easy to find mosses and ferns growing on tree bark.
It rained a lot when I first arrived, and never before had I noticed plants growing from pools gathered in the roots of a tree.

'
These wet branches reminded me of a person's stretching limbs.
This wet tree looked like glazed clay.
I was very happy to see sidewalks re-routed around big trees instead of cutting off parts of the roots or cutting down the whole tree.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful photos! I am in the Northeast right now and this winter has been especially tough with lots of storms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was walking down the street in Houston,and I passed a sandwich board that said,"Janu- weary?" I thought, "This is January? What are y'all complaining about? This is amazing!"

    ReplyDelete

What does your voice sound like?