Saturday, July 24, 2010


I milled out the Internet Zero boards on the Modela. More information on Internet 0 can be found here, and the files for the boards can be found here, under Internet 0.

When I tried to cut the boards out on the Modela, the bit consistently threatened to drag itself through the milled traces, so I used the drill press to perforate the boards and then break them apart. (I didn't have a jewelry saw and the wood saw blade was too wide.)
When separating the perforated boards, it is important to carefully apply even pressure to each side of the break. I find the easiest way to do this is to lay the board on a table, with the perforated line parallel to the edge of the table (directly over it.) Push down on the piece of the board that hangs off the table, while simultaneously holding the other half down against the table. It should snap easily along your line.
I started to stuff the boards and I hope to get stuff closer to working!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What does your voice sound like?